Y’all! It’s crazy to sit here and write that I am THIRTY years old! I feel like I was just turning twenty-one yesterday and here I am…in my THIRTIES! I’m actually really excited to be here. I always wondered what thirty would look like. If I’m honest, I thought I would have already had two kids by now and I would be in full on mom-mode by the time this milestone came. But looking back on my twenties, I’m so glad my thoughts didn’t become my reality.
So here we are, thirty years old. I feel really good about this age and can’t wait to see what my thirties have to offer. I was thinking about what kind of blog post I should write to honor this birthday. Should it be sappy and tell you all the things I’ve learned up to this point? Should I be silly and share embarrassing stories from my twenties? I decided to share 30 fun facts that you might now know about me! So here goes…
1. First Wallace girl born in 80 years. Still no other girls have been born on the Wallace side. Technically Collins will be the next girl born.
2. Grew up in Athens, GA
3. Had my ears pierced when I was 6 months old because everyone thought I was boy
4. Probably because I didn’t have hair until I was three
5. I’m half Canadian & half American
6. I have one younger brother
7. I trained for a marathon when I was 5 – because I was riding in a baby jogger pushed by my parents!
8. I grew up on a lake & learned how to waterski when I was 6
9. We had a pet turtle named Winky
10. I HATE snakes & spiders
11. I grew up tent camping every weekend from age 8-12
12. My first car was a hand me down 1996 Toyota Corolla & her name was Carmen
13. I ran track & cross country in middle school
14. I was home schooled in 8th grade to travel with my dad and his tennis team
15. I played tennis & cheered in high school
16. I won Female Athlete of the Year my Freshman year of high school
17. I went to College at Valdosta State University
18. The first time I visited my college campus was on my first day of orientation
19. I was in a sorority – Kappa Delta
20. I was Panhellenic president my junior/senior year
21. Maintained Hope Scholarship (college for free) all four years of college
22. Previous jobs before blogging: Full time nanny, apartment leasing consultant, boutique store manager, admin asst at a law office, recruiter, account manager in a sales position.
23. I met Chris at work & we secretly dated for a few months before he got promoted.
24. Chris and I have been married for 3 years
25. We have a dog, Birdie! She is the most calm Weimaraner you will ever meet!
26. We currently live in Alpharetta, GA
27. We are pregnant with our first child, a girl!!
28. We went through IVF to get pregnant – I will be sharing our story in another blog post soon!
29. I started Loverly Grey in January 2016 to share my love of styling outfits & helping others.
30. I have five tattoos.
I might have to start a “what you didn’t know about me series” because I think I can come up with way more than thirty fun facts to share. Plus that was fun! Eeeekkk! So excited for what’s to come. As for today, I’m honestly not too sure what today will look like! I know I’m having dinner with my family tonight for our birthday dinner tradition and we shall see what the rest of the day has to offer!
Before I let you go, I wanted to share this ruffle dress with you! I wore this dress in New York and LOVE it! It’s perfect if you have a wedding coming up or if you are going to a Gatsby themed party anytime soon. I love the color and the movement. It’s even perfect to hide a baby bump. The best part is that it’s under $100! It looks so much more expensive and the quality is really good! I’m wearing the regular option in size 2 but it’s also available in Curvy and Maternity.
I’ll be sharing more event styles plus wedding guest options for fall but wanted to go ahead and get this one onto your screens and into your hands ASAP!
Thank you for hanging out with me today and thank you for your constant love and support! Y’all are the BEST. Cheers to THIRTY, friends!
Photos by KVC Photography