Today is my sweet mama’s birthday! She is turning 54 but honestly she looks like she is my twin sister at 28. You have no idea how excited I am to look like her one day! I can’t say enough amazing things about this woman. She is my closet friend and I thank the Lord every day for our relationship. Before I get into my Mother’s Day Gift Guide with y’all. I wanted to share a few fun facts about my mom!
1. She is from Canada! She grew up in North Bay, Ontario and moved to Georgia when she was 18 to run track at the University of Georgia.
2. She was a teacher for many years and even homeschooled my brother and I for one year when we were in middle school so we could travel with my dad. I’ve heard a lot of her students say she was the best teacher they ever had!
3. She is am amazing cook! I’m still waiting for that gene to pass down to me. I remember always being so amazed at how she could just whip something up for the family and every dinner was so good and tasty! Teach me your ways, mom!
4. She is the most selfless woman I know. She will drop what she is doing to help someone in need. She is genuine, an amazing listener and a Godly woman. She is a great example to me as to what I should be as a wife and future mother.
5. She is fun! She loves to have a good time. We love traveling together and I don’t see that changing anytime soon!
I’m so thankful to have a mom that I’m close with. She is my world and without her I would be so lost. Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you 🙂
We went on a little Nordstrom shopping spree to get our outfits for this shoot. I like to tell mom it was an early birthday present for her. I wanted her to pick out items that she liked then we put the whole look together, together! She immediately went from her floral top. The cut of this blouse is great. It has a mixture of ruffles with a peplum hem. We both agree that it will be flattering on all body types! She wanted to wear pants and kept going for these blush jeans with a raw hem. We finished her look off with my favorite grey suede heels. She wore them around all day and said they were extremely comfortable (and she hardly wears heels)!
Props to my mom for rockin’ this photo shoot! I text my dad with a few pictures off Katie’s camera and told him that mom was a natural! We had so much fun with Katie (KVC Photography) shooting this look!
Shop our looks from Nordstrom here:
Mother’s Day Gift Guide:
Mom and I have teamed up with Nordstrom to bring you a last minute (we know there are a few stragglers out there!) Mother’s Day Gift Guide. The great news is that there is still time for you to shop and order the perfect gift for you mom. One of the many things I love about Nordstrom is the 2 day free shipping. So you can order today and have your gift before the weekend. They also have a wide selection of gifts for all types of moms. We broke everything into section and made it really easy to swipe between each group.
Beauty Tools & Products:
Pajamas & Clothing:
What are your favorite gifts to give for Mother’s Day? I love taking my mom shopping! We always have so much fun doing that. Spending time together is priceless to me. Thank you for stopping by and reading today’s Mother’s Day post.
Thank you Nordstrom for sponsoring today’s post!