Today is my sweet Birdie’s 3rd Birthday!! I cannot believe that she is 3….it seems like just yesterday that we were going to the farm in North West Georgia to pick her up. She was the tiniest little grey girl. She made the cutest little chirping sounds, which is actually how we came up with her name, Birdie. She has been full of sass ever since!
In her honor, I’m going to share 5 things you didn’t know about Birdie!
1. Birdie has to be touching a human at all times. It’s funny because I think she likes humans more than dogs. When she is at doggie daycare, I will sometimes watch her on the cameras online and she is always following the humans around, never really interacting with the dogs…is that weird? That’s B.
2. She sleeps under the covers on top of me every night. We were very against her sleeping in the bed with us when we first got her. Her crate was next to our bed and she slept there until she was about 6 months old. I accidentally fell asleep with her in the bed with me one night and she hasn’t been back to the crate at night since. I sometimes wonder what we are going to do when I get pregnant and when we have a baby…
3. She loves to sleep. Weimaraners are normally very crazy, high energy dogs. Birdie is the complete opposite of that. She is so chill and sleeps 20 hours a day. I used to be worried that something was wrong with her but the vet confirmed that she is fine and that she just likes to sleep a lot…that is fine with me!
4. She loves going to Puppy Haven! We have been taking her to doggie daycare since she was about 9 months old. Chris and I both worked long hours and we wanted to give her to opportunity to play with other dogs. When we moved to Roswell we were really worried that we wouldn’t find a place like Puppy Haven outside the Perimeter. Thankfully Puppy Haven Roswell came about a weeks later. If you are looking for a place to take your pup, I highly recommend Puppy Haven! They love Birdie (and all dogs) just as much as we do so I never have to worry about her while she is there!
5. She is prissy. If you have ever watched my instagram stories, you know the looks she gives me when she wants something. She is the perfect combination between prissy, sassy and loving! I couldn’t imagine her personality any other way!
We are so thankful for this sweet pup and look forward to many more birthdays with her!
Photos by KVC Photography