Hello Friends! I have been seeing a ton of new faces around Loverly Grey. First off, THANK YOU!! Thank you for following along with me. Thank you for reading my blog. Thank you for choosing to interact with me on a daily basis! You have no idea how much it means to me. Before we get in to talking about this beautiful flare sleeve sweater, I wanted to share a few fun facts with you!
1. I was the first girl born on my father’s side in over 80 years. To this day I am still the only girl on this side. Hopefully my brother or I will end the streak some day!
2. I’m half Canadian. My mom is from Canada and although she has lived in the States for the last 35+ years, she is still a Canadian citizen. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting dual citizenship.
3. When I was in elementary school and middle school, we spent out weekends (literally every weekend) camping. In the summer, we would camp at the lake and in the winter we would camp in the mountains and go trout fishing. I grew up loving to camp and could probably easily pitch a tent right now if I needed to.
4. In 11th grade I entered a talented show at my school and sang a Goo Goo Dolls song with only an acoustic guitar playing in the background. I honestly didn’t do that well and I’m sure people in the crowd were cringing at the sound of me. I was just glad it was dark and I couldn’t see out tot he crowd. Still to this day I wonder whyyyyyy I would do that to myself??
5. I started my first job when I turned 16. I worked at Schlotzsky’s Deli and loved working the drive thru. From that time on, I always had a job and loved having my own money to spend. This money is what fueled my shopping addictions.
6. Speaking of shopping, I’ve always been a sale shopper. There is just something about getting a good deal on an item that makes me really happy! I used to love sharing my good deals and finds with my sorority sisters. Not only do I love shopping sales but I love telling other people about them!
7. I recently became a consultant for Beauty Counter. As a 29 year old who has been slathering all types of acne prevention treatments and creams on my face for years, I figured it was time I try products that are actually healthy for your skin. It’s crazy how much bad stuff is in most all of the products we are using on a daily basis. I wanted to switch to safer and give my skin a chance to look beautiful without all the bad stuff! I’m loving my results so far!! Please feel free to message me or check out my site here and let me know if you have any questions.
8. This one probably shouldn’t go right after the safer skin fact but oh well. #reallife I gave in and tried Botox!! I was torn but in the end decided that Dysport Injections was the better option for me. I just got a few injections on my forehead and on the outside of my eyes. Holy cow, it makes a huge difference and I’m so glad that I’ve been able to smooth out some of those lines. I think that botox/dysport is a personal decision and I know that everyone won’t agree on this topic but for me, right now, this is what I’ve decided is good for me. Plus life is all about balance!
That’s all the fun facts for now. Let’s get in to this beautiful outfit and why sweaters, ripped skinny jeans and hats have become my favorite this season! Sleeve details are all the craze right now. They are beautiful and add so much personality to an outfit. If you take away the sleeve on this sweater, it’s really just a plain burnt orange top. But add back the flare sleeve and you have something more interesting.
If you are from the South, you know how hot it is outside still. It’s hard to wear a comfy, cozy sweater when the temps are pushing 80 degrees. Thankfully this sweater is very thin. I still wouldn’t suggest wearing it in 80 degree weather but you can get away with it in the low 70’s. Plus you will be able to add a vest (like this one) to it when it gets cooler. The best part about this top from Nordstrom is that it’s only $39. It comes in two other color options and I personally think it’s a closet must have.
As for sizing, you will want to order down. I’m wearing a XXS small here. This brand, BP., runs really big. I typically wear a small or XS in most places and always wear a XXS with them. It’s a shorter sweater but there is enough room to wear it tucked in to the side like I have in the photos. In fact, that’s currently my favorite way to wear a sweater right now, just give it a little side tuck.
I paired this flare sleeve sweater with my favorite free people skinny jeans and a floppy hat. I went up TWO sizes in the jeans. I typically always wear a 25 in jeans but for these ones I have on a 27. I originally bought the 26 after trying to squeeze myself into the 25 with absolutely no luck. I had to return the 26 and went with the 27. I also don’t like to be suffocated in my jeans. They do stretch out so I probably could have worn the 26s just fine but comfort is key so size 27 it is. They are under $80 and have been on repeat recently!
If you haven’t had a chance to check out some of Nordstrom’s new arrivals for fall you need to make time ASAP! I’m crushing on their sweaters and they just released the new jacket line up for this season.
Thank you so much for stopping by and hanging out with me today!! You are so appreciated!